Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Swan Princess' Bio

Who would have thought that a simple trip to Barnes and Noble would forever change my life as I knew it? But that’s exactly what happened on that fateful day when I picked up a copy of a YA novel entitled Twilight...

“Why not?” I thought to myself innocently. “The movie previews looked decent.”

As I walked to the counter with my husband to pay, I was a little embarrassed to hand the book to the cashier. Much to my relief, she didn’t seem curious as to why I would be purchasing a novel written for teenagers, and we were soon hurrying to our car with the book tucked safely inside the green plastic bag.

Later that afternoon, I grabbed the book and got comfortable on the couch. It’s a good thing I got comfortable, because I spent the rest of the evening and some of the next day in that spot until I reached the last pages of the novel. As soon as I finished, I got in my car to drive back to the bookstore for the next book. The following week was a whirlwind of sparkling vampires, fast cars, giant wolves, exciting battles, and best of all, eternal love. After that, I just couldn’t get enough. I watched the movie, I looked at the websites, I talked to anyone and everyone that would listen to my obsessive, vampire-filled ramblings.

So began my love affair with Edward Cullen and everything Twilight. My life will never be the same…because now it’s so much better!

Now, there’s a certain person in my life that may not agree I’ve changed for the better. Namely my husband, who seems to have developed a disdain towards gorgeous vampires, clumsy teenage girls, and the town of Forks, WA. Thank goodness I have my dear friends to support and encourage me in these hard times!

-SP


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it...out loud, say it!
Or you can just leave us a comment.